You may not realize it, but you could literally be throwing your money out the window - and doors, and roof, and walls. HOLD ON, before you're convinced to spend thousands of dollars to replace all your windows you need to know exactly where the energy leaks are.
When you hire Darryl Barber & Sons to conduct a DB&S Energy Audit you get qualified, professional advice on the best ways to save 5%-30% on your energy bill. Our Building Performance Institute (BPI)* certification means that we are trained in industry best-practices and will provide you with weatherization improvements and recommendations targeted specifically for your home.
Energy can leak out of your home through the attic and walls, windows, vents, and even electrical outlets. To pinpoint energy consumption in your home we use equipment such as:
- Infrared cameras to provide images of heat loss, inadequate insulation, mold/mildew problems and more
- Blower door testing, ideal for determining the amount of air leakage in a home
- Moisture meters for locating wet areas
- Manometer to help locate balance points and find air leakages
- CO meters to detect unsafe levels of carbon monoxide
After our audit we prepare a detailed report of your home's energy use and loss, provide estimates on energy savings, and make recommendations for transforming your home into a more comfortable and efficient living space.
Call Darryl Barber & Sons
today and be on your way to energy efficiency.
* "...BPI standards are cited by the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as well as several state Weatherization Assistance Programs." (source BPI)